Skip to content

Change of Educational Level

If you are currently a Duquesne student completing a program and have been admitted to a new Duquesne program to begin the next academic semester, The Center for Global Engagement will need to issue you new I-20 through the SEVIS system. You may apply to change your education level by clicking the "Request" button below. Please start this process within 60 days of completion of your previous program.To request a change of education level, you will need evidence of funds to cover the expenses of the new program for the first academic year. A scholarship award letter from the new program, a bank statement, an outside sponsor letter or a combination of sources are acceptable forms of evidence of funds for I-20 issuance.

Staying in the U.S.

You are considered legally present in the U.S in F-1 status between the two programs, as long as you have completed the above steps.

If your F-1 visa has expired, the new I-20 establishes the continuance of your F-1 stay. However, the first time you travel outside the U.S. (except to Canada or Mexico) you will need to apply for a new F-1 visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Travel Outside the U.S.

Travel outside the U.S. in between the two programs will require that you obtain the new I-20 to present when you re-enter the U.S. If the current visa in the passport is valid, it can be used for new entry to the U.S. prior to the start of your new program.  If your current F-1 visa is expired, you must apply for a new F-1 visa prior to returning to the U.S., using the new program I-20.

Log into the DuqGlobal International Student Portal to begin this request.