Skip to content

Currently Enrolled Students

For F or J visa holders, what are you required to do during your stay at Duquesne University? 

You are required to maintain your status: This means that you must enroll in at least 12 credits if you are an undergraduate student, 9 credits as a graduate student, and at least 4  English as a Second Language courses if you are a student in the program.

Maintaining status includes reporting all changes to the Center for Global Engagement including:  address changes, program changes,  lengths of program changes and completion dates of programs. Students traveling outside of the country should bring their documents to the Center for Global Engagement for signatures on their I-20 or DS-2019 to ensure easy entry back into the country.

 If, for some reason, you will not be able to maintain your full-time status, you must contact the Center for Global Engagement for their guidance.